This is your Direct Debit Service Agreement with NewsLifeMedia Magsonline (406265), ABN: 57088923906. It explains what your obligations are when undertaking a Direct Debit arrangement with us. It also details what our obligations are to you as your Direct Debit provider.
Please keep this agreement for future reference. It forms part of the terms and conditions of your Direct Debit Request (DDR) and should be read in conjunction with your DDR authorisation.
Our commitment to you - drawing arrangements:
By agreeing to a Direct Debit Request or by providing us with a valid instruction, you have authorised us to arrange for funds to be debited from your account in accordance with the agreement. You should refer to the Direct Debit Request and this agreement for the terms of the arrangement between us and you.
- We will advise you, in writing, of the amount, frequency and commencement date of the drawing arrangements under this agreement. Where the debit date for a drawing falls on a non-business day, we will draw the amount on the next business day. We will not change any details of the drawing arrangements under this agreement without giving you at least 14 days written notice. We will allow three working days for delivery of any notification.
- If a drawing is returned unpaid by your nominated financial institution, we may cancel the drawing arrangements and the associated subscription. You may also incur a fee or interest charge from your nominated financial institution.
- We will keep your information pertaining to your nominated account private and confidential. The collection, use of and disclosure of all other personal information provided in connection with this agreement is governed by our Privacy Notice, which is available for you to view at https://preferences.news.com.au/privacy. We will only disclose this information for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).
You may change, stop or defer a debit payment or terminate the drawing arrangements under this agreement at any time by giving written notice to us or to your nominated financial institution. Notice to us should be sent to Reply Paid 87050, Sydney, NSW, 2001 and will be processed within 10 business days from receipt.
- A termination of the drawing arrangements or a stop payment of a drawing will be treated as a subscription cancellation request.
- If you believe a drawing has been initiated incorrectly or in a manner that is inconsistent with this agreement, you may take the matter up with us or lodge a Direct Debit Claim through your nominated financial institution.
- If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by arranging for your financial institution to adjust your account (including interest and charges) accordingly. We will also notify you in writing of the amount by which your account has been adjusted.
- If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has not been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and any evidence for this finding in writing.
- We will keep all information pertaining to your nominated account private and confidential.
Your commitment to us - your responsibilities:
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your nominated financial institution allows direct debiting through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS).
- It is your responsibility to ensure that sufficient clear funds are available in your nominated account to meet each drawing under this agreement.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the authorization given to draw on your nominated account is identical to the account signing held by your nominated financial institution.
- It is your responsibility to provide us with at least 10 days written notice if your nominated account is transferred or closed.
- It is your responsibility to arrange an alternate payment method if you wish to cancel the drawings under this agreement and continue receiving your subscription.